1. Choose the style you have always dreamed of wearing, BUT always at least try on one or 2 different styles suggested by the stylist working with you. Everyone is different. Sizing can be crazy, so choose a style that compliments those curves or makes you look like you have curves!
2. Don’t let things your entourage say get to you. They are living vicariously through you in this experience and are choosing what THEY want you to wear not necessarily what your dream dress is.
3. If you have a budget, DO NOT try on something for fun out of that budget. I am telling you now. . . you will fall in love with it and be heartbroken because nothing will be able to compare! It is a terrible feeling! Don’t put yourself through that!
4. When setting a budget, think about alterations as well. Those can get pricy depending on what needs to be done. If you are on a tight budget, let your stylist know if that budget needs to included when choosing a dress!
5. Do not look at sizing. Get what fits your body best! Wedding dress sizing is so crazy and if you focus on the number, it might make you feel body conscious and ruin the whole experience for you. Let your stylist take measurements for you and talk to them about what you would like to accentuate! They will be able to pull some dresses for you that you may not have ever dreamed you would like and end up loving (this is what happened with me!!)
6) Remember most places you do not buy off floor you order, so start looking early after getting engaged!
It should be a fun experience not a stressful one and your stylist is there to help! I have had to be a buffer in between entourages and also helped choose the perfect fitting dress for some bride's that didn't know what they liked. It is new for you, lean on your stylist for help!