| || |
I love trying new recipes. I also love forcing my fiancé to try my experimental recipes! This year for Thanksgiving, I wanted to contribute something easy as a side and somewhat “healthy” originally I had found a shaved Brussel sprout salad that sounded amazing, but when I did a test trial. Failed the Taste Test. So . . . I turned to youtube! A place where you can watch step by step recipes and the final product look and found some inspiration with Rebecca Brand and her Thanksgiving Stove Top Brussel Sprout Recipe. I tweaked it. You can find her video and recipe here.
- 3 lbs of Brussel sprouts
- Half of a large onion. Sliced in thin half-moons and then sliced those moons in half and “sprinkled” them to spread them out during cooking
- 8 strips of very crispy bacon chopped for the topper
- Grated Asiago Cheese
- Pepper (I just kind of shook it over the dish while stirring until it looked good to me. Yeah I know I’m a great chef J )
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (1/2 cup) chopped in thick chunks
- I did not use the brown sugar and salt which is in the original recipe (honestly because I completely forgot) however it was still a hit and I don’t know that I would change it for my household. I do not like things terribly salty and the bacon added just enough salt for me!
- I also think if I had added just a hair of minced garlic it would have been nice as well. Next time I will try that I think.